Join us, along with sponsors, Capital Data and Trend Micro, for the upcoming Wisconsin VMUG meeting taking place on Tuesday, January 24, 2017.
This is a great opportunity to meet with your peers to discuss virtualization trends, best practices, and the latest technology!
- 8:15 Registration: Refreshments provided by our meeting sponsors Capital Data and Trend Micro
- 8:45 Welcome: by Mike Nelson, WI-VMUG Co-Leader
- 9:00 vSphere 6.5 Security Overview by Kevin Tebear, Sr. Systems Engineer at VMware
- Providing an overview of vSphere 6.5 Security and a deeper look into VM Encrpytion.
- 9:50 Are you using the right Data Protection? by Paul Vande Ven, Director of Solution Architecture and Adam Vande Ven, Solutions Engineer at Capital Data
- The Business expectations for Data Protection are changing rapidly and many current Data Protection solutions are not keeping up. Solutions of today and tomorrow must support growing compliance requirements, adapt to physical and virtual workloads, scale to years of retention, and support any level of recovery. Join Capital Data in a technical showcase to uncover the capabilities of the Dell-EMC Data Protection Suite for VMware solution to meet your Data Protection objectives at a price you can afford.
- 10:40 Break
- 10:55 Journey toward VCDX – Delivering the SDDC via a VMware Foundation charitable project by Patrick Kremer, Systems Engineer at VMware
- Join VMware Systems Engineer Patrick Kremer as he talks about his ongoing journey toward VCDX certification. Patrick designed a VMware software-defined datacenter for a low-income school district and delivered it using VMware Foundation donations of cash, software and engineering hours. More than a dozen VMware engineers donated their 40 hours of Service Learning time to complete this project in summer, 2016. Patrick will talk about VMware’s culture of Community that made this project possible, technical details on the project design and how the project is being used to pursue his VCDX certification.
- 11:45 Lunch provided by our meeting sponsors Capital Data and Trend Micro
- 12:15 Community Presentation: Adventures in vSAN by Tony Reeves, Network Administrator at Hoffmaster Group, Inc
- This presentation will focus on some quick background about the presenter, then reasons for deployment, design, implementation and lessons learned including gotchas.
- 1:05 Deep Security Overview and Demo by Jeff Westphal, Sr. Sales Engineer at Trend Micro
- Jeff will demo and outline. Through direct integration with VMware and NSX, Deep Security provides the broadest range of security capabilities available to meet your application and data security needs while helping you achieve compliance. Cost and complexity is dramatically reduced through automated VM security provisioning and workload-aware security policies, as well as efficient administration and reporting tools. Integration with VMware and NSX makes it fast and easy to deploy for both on-premise and cloud workloads
- 1:55 Ask the Experts: Roundtable Q&A
- 2:35 Wrap-up: Announcements and Drawings
Be sure to share this meeting information with your colleagues, and join the Wisconsin VMUG Community!