Join us for the upcoming Wisconsin VMUG meeting taking place on Tuesday, August 6th, 2019.
This is a great opportunity to meet with your peers to discuss virtualization trends, best practices, and the latest technology!
- 8:15 Registration
- 8:45 Welcome: by Nathan Scheunemann, WI-VMUG Co-Leader
- 9:00 VMware Presentation: Lessons Learned – Horizon 7 on VMware Cloud on AWS by Sean Massey, Staff Cloud Solutions Architect at VMware (@SeanPMassey)
- 9:50 Break
- 10:00 Community Presentation: Preventing Infrastructure Configuration Drift with Pester and PowerShell by Donny Lang, Sr. Systems Administrator at Plexus Corp (@DonnyLang1)
It’s easy to conform to best practices and vendor recommendations when you first deploy a system, but how about once it’s in production for a while? We’ll take a look at Pester, a unit/integration testing framework, and how it can help you get a handle on your entire infrastructure stack to combat configuration drift and unauthorized or undocumented changes. Along with the basics, I’ll show you how to operationalize the Pester tests to make them useful, and provide periodic reporting and dashboard views of the test results.
- 10:50 Break
- 11:00 Presentation: TBA by Bob Miller, Systems Engineer at AVI Networks
- 11:50 Lunch
- 12:30 Bonus Presentation: Best Practices on Managing vSphere by Nathan Hudson, Senior Solutions Engineer, Office of the CTO Ambassador at VMware (@gr8n8tr0n)
- 1:20 Ask the Experts: Roundtable Q&A
- 1:50 Wrap-up: Announcements and Drawings
Be sure to share this meeting information with your colleagues and join the Wisconsin VMUG Community!
D.J. Bordini Center – Room BC112A
5 North Systems Drive
Appleton, WI 54912