Join us for our Wisconsin VMUG Virtual meeting taking place on Tuesday, May 19th, 2020!
This is an excellent opportunity to meet with your peers to discuss virtualization trends, best practices, and the latest technology!
- 3:00 pm Welcome: by Mike Nelson, WI-VMUG Co-Leader (@mikenelsonIO)
- 3:10 Community Presentation: Storage Essentials of vSphere Cloud Native Storage byCody Hosterman, Technical Director for VMware Solutions at Pure Storage (@codyhosterman)
Kubernetes is all over the place now and there are many ways of deploying it in vSphere. Let’s set that aside in this session and focus on one piece they all share: VMware’s Container Storage Interface Driver called Cloud Native Storage (CNS). What is it? What does it use for storage in a K8s world? How does it map back to my existing VMware storage environment?
- 3:40 Break
- 3:45 Community Presentation: Understanding CPU Architecture Vulnerabilities and vSphere by Aaron Bolthouse, Senior Solutions Engineer at VMware (@Bhouse563)
So you’ve heard about vulnerabilities like Spectre Meltdown and L1TF, but are you sure you’re protected? We’ll dive in, understand the implication, options, and remediation efforts needed to protect you and your environment.
- 4:25 Ask the Experts: Roundtable Q&A
- 4:40 Wrap-up & Announcements
- 4:45 Virtual Happy Hour Conversation
We will email the zoom link to all registered members the evening before