Join us for our Wisconsin VMUG Virtual meeting taking place on Tuesday March 23, 2021!
This meeting is an excellent opportunity to meet with your peers to discuss virtualization trends, best practices, and the latest technology!
- 3:00 pm Welcome: by Mike Nelson, WI-VMUG Co-Leader (@mikenelsonIO)
- 3:10 VMware Presentation: What’s New in vSphere 7 Update 2
Come join Brandon Hahn, Staff Technical Account Manager and Bob Plankers, Senior Technical Marketing Architect as they share the numerous improvements in vSphere 7 Update 2 that assist in delivering AI and developer-ready infrastructure, boost infrastructure and data security, and simplify operations.
- 3:50 Break
- 3:55 Presentation: The Crawl, Walk, Run Approach to vSphere Management with Terraform by Kyle Ruddy, Technical Marketing for Terraform at HashiCorp (@kmruddy)
Infrastructure as code is a powerful process where you can describe the end result and the backend engine makes it all so. This means that instead of knowing the step-by-step method of creating an object, we just need to learn how to define it! In this demo-focused session, we’ll use Terraform, the world’s most widely used provisioning product that’s become synonymous with infrastructure as code, to start creating, managing, and importing resources in an already existing vSphere environment.
- 4:35 Ask the Experts: Roundtable Q&A
- Brandon Hahn, Staff Technical Account Manager at VMware (@brandonhahn)
- Bob Plankers, Senior Technical Marketing Architect at VMware (@plankers)
- Kyle Ruddy, Technical Marketing for Terraform at HashiCorp (@kmruddy)
- WI-VMUG Leadership Team
- 4:50 Wrap-up & Announcements
- 5:00 Virtual Happy Hour Conversation