Join us with our sponsors Cloudian and Veeam for the upcoming Wisconsin VMUG meeting taking place on Wednesday, Sept 28, 2022.
This is a great opportunity to meet with your peers to discuss virtualization trends, best practices, and the latest technology!
- 8:15 Registration
- 8:45 Welcome: by Mike Nelson, WI-VMUG Co-Leader (@mikenelsonIO)
- 9:00 VMware Presentation: VMware Explore Summary of Announcements byNathan Hudson, Staff Solutions Engineer & CTO Ambassador at VMware (@gr8n8tr0n)
Join our very own Nathan Hudson as he discusses all the VMware Explore Announcements and tells us what they mean.
- 9:40 Break
- 9:50 Partner Presentation: Deciphering Storage Choices for Ransomware and Cyber – Co-presentation by Randy Lee, Systems Engineer at Veeam, and Vic Heng, Solutions Architect at Cloudian
There is an ever-expanding choice to store protection data. We will walk through what options are available, design tradeoffs, and demonstrate advanced protection methods
- 10:30 Break
- 10:40 VMware Presentation: What’s new in vSAN8? by Miguel Medina, Infrastructure Architect (@CloudInfraDude)
This presentation is going to explore some of the new and dramatic improvements introduced in VMware vSAN 8. vSAN 8 introduces new capabilities that are some of the most significant since its debut in 2014. We are going to focus specifically on what’s new with vSAN 8 to help you understand why, and how vSAN 8 sets the bar to all new levels.
- 11:20 Break
- 11:30 Partner Presentation: K8s-native Protection Essentials in an Object Storage World – Co-presentation by Randy Lee, Systems Engineer at Veeam, and Vic Heng, Solutions Architect at Cloudian
Object Storage is becoming an essential building block for container-based workloads. We will discuss and demonstrate approaches in Tanzu integration and protection for these key technologies.
- 12:10 Lunch
- 12:40 Community Presentation: Going Old School with the CLI – Windows Terminal & WSL by Mike Nelson, WI-VMUG Co-Leader (@mikenelsonIO)
The classic Windows Terminal app allowed for simple command line integrations. But now, the new Windows Terminal app, along with the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL), can generate some really cool interaction between you and the OS, for development and just daily work. When talking about the Terminal, we will explore all the ways to use it, connecting to different devices and applications, customizing it, and provide a bunch of tips and tricks! Then, we’ll move on to WSL and WSLg, showing not only the interoperability between Windows and Linux, but also WSLg’s new graphical experience.
- 1:20 Break
- 1:30 Ask the Experts: Roundtable Q&A
- 1:50 Wrap-up: Announcements and Drawings
Be sure to share this meeting information with your colleagues and join the Wisconsin VMUG Community!
Junior Achievement of Wisconsin
11111 W Liberty Dr
Milwaukee, WI 53224
Join us for vBeers after the meeting at
Allgauer’s Bistro in the Park – Sponsored by Heartland Business Systems
At the Hilton Garden Inn
11600 W Park Pl
Milwaukee, WI 53224