Join us for our final Wisconsin VMUG meeting of 2014. It’s taking place on Tuesday, November 11, 2014 starting at 8:15am.
Registration is now open and available to all VMUG members. This is a great opportunity to meet with your peers to discuss virtualization trends, best practices, and the latest technology!
Our sponsors are Teradici and Unidesk. WI-VMUG member Aaron Bolthouse will be presenting on “VDI Over WiFi: How Hatco Runs a Factory Using Aerohive & Teradici”. In addition there will be our usual VMware Technical presentation as well as an “Ask The Experts: Q&A Roundtable”.
Be sure to share this meeting information with your colleagues.
Visit the Wisconsin VMUG Workspace and subscribe to our listserv! Connect with your fellow VMUG members in the forum, ask and answer questions about VMware, and get involved in your VMUG community.
The first meeting of 2015 will be held at MATC in Milwaukee on February 12th. Arista Networks will be one sponsor.
More infromation will be posted once we finalize the details and the 2nd sponsor! Stay tuned!
The Wisconsin VMUG meeting being held on October 2nd from 8:45am to 2:00pm at Promega in Madison is now open for registration.
The sponsors for this event are DataGravity and Nutanix. We will have presentations from VMware and a VMUG member presentation as well. You don’t want to miss this one!
The agenda and more details will be posted soon. Check back here or follow us on Twitter @WIVMUG for more details!
-Your WIVMUG Leadership Team
The October Madison meeting at Promega has been rescheduled from the original date of September 18th to October 2nd.
Sponsors are DataGravity and Nutanix.
More details to come and links to registration coming soon!
Register here – http://www.vmug.com
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
8:15 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Fox Valley Technical College
D.J. Bordini Center – Room BC102
5 North Systems Drive
Appleton, WI 54912
8:15 a.m. Registration – Refreshments Provided by Our Sponsors Nutanix and HyTrust
8:45 a.m. Welcome – Mike Nelson, WI-VMUG Co-Leader
8:50 a.m. WI-VMUG Community Outreach – Brian Kirsch, VMUG Board Member and MATC
9:10 a.m. Nutanix Presentation
10:00 a.m. Break
10:10 a.m. VMUG Member Presentation: Automating vSphere Internals with PowerCLI and Orchestrator – Mike Nelson, vExpert, WI-VMUG Co-Leader, and Solutions Architect, nGenx – @nelmedia
11:00 a.m. HyTrust Presentation
11:50 a.m. Lunch Provided by Our Sponsors Nutanix and HyTrust
12:25 p.m. VMware Technical Presentation: VMware NSX – Larry Orloff, Systems Engineer, VMware – @lorloff10
1:10 p.m. Ask the Experts: Roundtable Q&A
1:45 p.m. Wrap-Up: Announcements and Drawings
Additional Directions and Parking Instructions: The meeting room is just inside the South
entrance of the building. Parking is available on the north and south sides of the building.
Posted in Uncategorized
Mike Nelson be speaking at TechMentor, August 11-15 in Redmond, WA http://bit.ly/TMRSK12 Surrounded by your fellow industry professionals, TechMentor provides you with immediately usable training and education that will keep you relevant in the workforce.
Mike will be presenting the following sessions:
- Integrating your on premise active directory with Azure and Office 365
- Becoming a vAdmin Rockstar! Tools, Tips & Tricks for Managing Multiple Hypervisors in Your Environment
SPECIAL OFFER: As a speaker, he can extend $500 savings on the 5-day package. Register here: http://bit.ly/TMRSK12
Amplify your knowledge at TechMentor Redmond — bring the issues that keep you up at night and prepare to leave this event with the answers, guidance and training you need. Register now: http://bit.ly/TMRSK12Reg
Posted in Uncategorized
Tuesday, April 22nd is the 5th Annual Wisconsin VMUG User Conference. It’s being held at the Marriott Madison West. You can register in-person at the event or you can register online now.
Over 500 people have registered for the event so far but there’s still room for more. If we hit 550 people, we are giving away a Raspberry Pi Ultimate kit to #550 (must attend the event).
We have a jam packed day of great virtualization content lined up for you. In addition to an exhibit hall with over 40 great sponsors we have a keynote from VMware to kick off the day and 24 additional breakout sessions. You can view the day’s agenda through the mobile app or by visiting the Wisconsin VMUG User Conference agenda details page. Some of the highlights for the day include:
- Keynote: Rob Randell, Director of Systems Engineering and Principal Architect at VMware’s Networking and Security Business Unit will be giving our keynote on Network Virtualization – The Future of Networking.
- Mobile App: Download the free Wisconsin VMUG User Conference app! This app will make this year’s experience more valuable for our attendees, exhibitors, and speakers. Download it today by searching for VMUG in your app store.
- Community Presentations: This year we are featuring three unsponsored breakout sessions by VMUG members. Brian Kirsch: vSphere 101, Nick Colyer & Amy Manley: Real World Automation: Build Your Service Catalog Using vCenter Orchestrator and Sean Massey: Home Lab Fundamentals – The Why’s and How’s. In addition, Jeremy Gruenke from Johnsonville Sausage will be taking part in Ahead’s Tips & Tricks for Smooth VMware Horizon View Upgrade breakout.
- Ask The Experts: Larry Orloff from VMware will be running an hour long Ask The Experts Session with Brandon Hahn – vExpert & Solution Architect at West Bend Mutual Insurance; Tim Curless – VCDX & Technical Architect at Ahead; Roger Lund – vExpert, MN VMUG Leader & Virtualization, Cloud and Storage Administrator at Array Services Group and Matt Leib – vExpert and Principal Solutions Architect at Earthlink Business.
- Horizon 6 Overview: During the lunch break, VMware’s Jerrid Cunniff will be giving a Horizon 6 Overview presentation.
- Giveaways: There will be A LOT of giveaways this year. To start with all attendees will receive a gift from the Wisconsin VMUG. On top of that we have purchased quite a few other items including iPads, Raspberry Pi Ultimate kits, Beats Pill Bluetooth speaker, Pebble Smartwatch, Amazon FireTV, Roku devices, Bluetooth Headphones and more. VMUG and our sponsors have a Passport to Prizes with 4 $250 gift cards. We have 2 VMUG Advantage subscriptions. VMware Press has sent us 8 books to give away. With our new relationship with PluralSight we have received 3 of their awesome Annual Plus training subscriptions. I have also heard that Chris Wahl and Steve Pantol will be handing out some signed copies of their new book, Networking for VMware Administrators.
- Free Beer: Veeam is sponsoring a Post Event Reception in the hotel atrium immediately following the User Conference.
- vBeers: There will be a vBeers gathering on Monday evening (4/21) at the Falling Water Bar & Grill in the Madison Marriott West hotel. This is an unsponsored event but it wouldn’t be unheard of for people to buy rounds of drinks. There is no official start or end times, but most of us are targeting to be there about 8:00pm.
- What Does VMUG Mean To You: There will be a team from VMUG HQ on site Tuesday doing some brief interviews with our attendees to ask what VMUG means to you, what brings you to our User Conference, etc… Watch for them walking around the event or and stop by the VMUG booth to share your thoughts.
- WI-VMUG Leadership Team: The Wisconsin VMUG Leadership Team will be wearing the blue jersey’s modeled here by Melvin. Be sure to introduce yourself if you don’t know us or stop us if you have any questions during the event.
We are looking forward to seeing all of you in Madison on Tuesday and if you are around be sure to join us for vBeers on Monday evening.