Registration is available here
*** Please note: This event is not being held in our “regular” room at FVTC due to construction. Here’s how to get there:
- Where: Fox Valley Technical College – Room HS301 in the Health Simulation & Technology Center (HSTC)
- Campus Map with Room HS301, Parking Lot, and Entrance Door all highlighted is located wivmug-fvtc-meeting-rm301-map
- Park in the North Lot and enter into Door # 16. Go up the the third floor.
October 4, 2016 WI-VMUG Agenda
- 8:15 Registration: Refreshments provided by our meeting sponsors Turbonomic and Druva
- 8:45 Welcome: by Mike Nelson, WI-VMUG Co-Leader
- 9:00 VMWorld 2016 Update by Nate Hudson, Systems Engineer at VMware
- 9:50 Crash course in containers, cloud, and performance by Eric Wright, Principal Solutions Engineer, Technology Evangelist at Turbonomic
- 10:40 Break
- 10:55 What is Micro-segmentation and How do I Start? by Ryan Pletka, Staff Systems Engineer at VMware
The industry has been approaching security with an outdated foundational model. Too much focus has been placed on securing the data center perimeter, leaving the inside of the data center relatively unguarded. In this session we will explore the concept of micro-segmentation what it is paramount in maintaining and enhancing your security posture and preventing breaches. This method wraps security controls around much smaller groups of resources – often down to a small group of resources or individual virtual machines. The inherent security and automation capabilities of the NSX platform makes micro-segmentation operationally feasible in the enterprise data center for the first time. If you’re wondering how to get started we’ll also show you what you need to know and how easy it is to get started in a greenfield or brownfield environment.
- 11:45 Lunch provided by our meeting sponsor Turbonomic and Druva
- 12:15 Community Presentation: You Spilled Your Cloud in My DevOps by Eric Shanks VCDX / Chicago VMUG Co-Leader / Senior Solutions Architect at Ahead
Methodologies, tools, and new skill sets are required to operate in a Hybrid Cloud world. This session, hosted by Eric Shanks, Senior Solutions Architect at AHEAD, will explain how AHEAD views cloud management, automation, orchestration, and configuration management as part of a DevOps environment. Additionally, Eric will teach us some of the new skill sets being sought after by companies in the cloud era.
- 1:05 Druva & VMware Combined: Enhancing VM Data Protection with the Cloud
Cloud data protection is now available for VMware with Druva Phoenix, enabling VMware customers can achieve seamless cloud based DR, backup, archiving, along with global visibility and the advanced capabilities of data analytics and soon to be released data governance. With Druva you can achieve similar protection as you would with Veeam and Data Domain without the need for hardware. Phoenix works alongside VMware, is rapidly deployed and simplifies how organizations can leverage the cloud, while realizing a much lower TCO than legacy approaches.
- 1:55 Ask the Experts: Roundtable Q&A
- Nate Hudson, Systems Engineer at VMware (@gr8n8tr0n)
- Eric Wright, Principal Solutions Engineer, Technology Evangelist at Turbonomic (@discoposse)
- Ryan Pletka Staff Systems Engineer at VMware (@rpletka)
- Eric Shanks VCDX / Chicago VMUG Co-Leader / Senior Solutions Architect at Ahead (@eric_shanks)
- 2:35 Wrap-up: Announcements & Drawings
We have secured a date for the 8th annual all day Wisconsin User Conference for 2017! And we’re moving to an all new, very cool venue – The Wisconsin Center in Milwaukee! More details and information to come in the upcoming months, but put it on your calendar today to join us for an all day event of sessions, keynotes, and vendor exhibitions! From the “101” session tot he deep technical, it’s all going to be there!
What: The Wisconsin VMUG 2017 SuperCon
Where: The Wisconsin Center http://www.wisconsincenter.org/
When: May 25, 2017
Join the Wisconsin VMUG Leadership Team along with our sponsors Pure Storage and Zerto as we warmup for Tuesday’s WI-VMUG UserCon with a vBeers on Monday evening.
We will be at the Falling Water Bar inside Madison Marriott West starting at 6pm until they shut down for the night.
You are welcome to join us even if you won’t be able to make the UserCon on Tuesday.
If you have not yet registered for the UserCon, you can find more details and a link for registration here. Registration is open until 10pm Monday night. If you miss pre-registration, you can still register Tuesday onsite.
We are looking forward to seeing you Monday at vBeers and Tuesday at our 7th Annual WI-VMUG UserCon!
vBeers @ Silver Spring House in Glendale, WI on Thursday Feb 4th @ 5:30pm
Back by popular demand!! WIVMUG is going to have another vBeers in the greater Milwaukee area. This time we are taking Glendale by storm. We will be meeting at the Silver Spring House in Glendale Wisconsin to talk virtualization and drink some beers. WIVMUG will be providing appetizers from the great selection provided on Silver Spring House‘s menu. Come join us, enjoy a beer, strike up a conversation, and network with fellow local vEnthusiasts and vProfessionsals (too corny I know…). There will be no sponsorship to this event, just pure WIVMUG.
Location: Silver Spring House
Address: 6655 N Green Bay Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53209
Date: Thursday Feb 4th 2016
We hope to see everyone there! It should be a great evening as long as you enjoy good conversation, beer, and food. If not, then it probably isn’t for you.
Like vBeers on Facebook
Join the vBeers Community on Google Plus
Posted in vBeers VMUG
Join us for the first Wisconsin VMUG meeting of 2016. It will be held at Fox Valley Technical College in Appleton on Wednesday, February 24th!
Our sponsors are Rubrik (@RubrikInc) and Ahead (@ThinkAheadIT), also included is a VMware technical presentation as well as a member presentation from Mike Nelson on App Containers that will cover Project Photon, Docker, and more!
- 8:15 Registration: Refreshments provided by our meeting sponsors Rubrik and Ahead
- 8:45 Welcome: by Mike Nelson, WI-VMUG Co-Leader
- 9:00 What’s New in vRealize Automation 7: by Tim Curless VCDX / Technical Architect at Ahead and Eric Shanks VCDX / Chicago VMUG Co-Leader / Senior Solutions Architect at Ahead
- Learn how to design a hybrid cloud the VCDX way. Taking a prescriptive approach we review a case study featuring the new vRealize Automation version 7.
- 9:50 VMware Technical: xxx by Kevin Tebear, Systems Engineer at VMware
- 10:40 Break
- 10:55 Make it Easy: by Mike Recker, Channel SE Manager at Rubrik
- Take back-up out of recovery with Rubrik. Featuring a walk through of the Rubrik story, and a demonstration of the integration of our solution with VMware.
- 11:45 Lunch provided by our meeting sponsors meeting sponsors Ahead and Rubrik
- 12:15 Member Presentation: Conatiners 101.1: Project Photon, Docker, and More: by Mike Nelson, WI-VMUG Co-Leader / Sr. Solutions Architect at Atlantis Computing
- From the basics of containers to the latest developments like Project Photon, Windows Containers, ContainerX, Rocket and more, this session will attempt to cover it all in 50 minutes or less!
- 1:05 Ask the Experts: Roundtable Q&A
- 1:45 Wrap-up: Announcements & Drawings
The December Wisconsin VMUG meeting will be on December 10th at the Milwaukee County Zoo in their Zoofari Conference Center in Milwaukee. VMTurbo and One Cloud Software are sponsoring.
- 8:15 Registration: Refreshments provided by our meeting sponsors VMTurbo and OneCloud Software
- 8:45 Welcome: by Mike Nelson, WI-VMUG Co-Leader and @nelmedia on Twitter
- 9:00 Introduction: Brad Tompkins, VMUG Chief Executive Officer and @VMUG_CEO on Twitter
- 9:15 Any Workload, Any Infrastructure. Choose your Own IT Adventure: by VMTurbo’s Eric Wright @discoposse on Twitter
- 10:00 Upgrade Paths to vSphere 6 and What’s New in vSphere 6u1: by Heath Johnson, VMware TAM and @heathbarj on Twitter
- 10:55 Break
- 11:10 Automating and cost-optimizing the use of AWS as a DR site: by OneCloud Software
- 12:00 Lunch provided by our meeting sponsors VMTurbo and OneCloud Software
- 12:35 Preparing for the VCP6-DCV Without Losing Your Mind v2.0: by Paul Woodward Jr Systems Engineer – Data Center at Netech and @ExploreVM on Twitter
- 1:25 Ask the Experts: Roundtable Q&A
- 2:00 Wrap-up: Announcements & Drawings
9715 W Bluemound Rd, Wauwatosa, WI 53213
Parking for this event is included but only if you park in the specified Zoofari Conference Center lot off Bluemound. This is NOT the same lot or entrance as the actual Zoo.
ZooMapSummer2015 – Note the Zoofari Conference Center is in the top right of the map!