Join us along with our sponsors, Reduxio Systems and Paragon Micro with Juniper Networks for the upcoming Wisconsin VMUG meeting taking place at Junior Achievement in Milwaukee on Tuesday, November 7th, 2017.
This is a great opportunity to meet with your peers to discuss virtualization trends, best practices, and the latest technology!
- 8:15 Registration: Refreshments provided by our meeting sponsors Reduxio and Paragon Micro with Juniper Networks
- 8:45 Welcome: by Mike Nelson, WI-VMUG Co-Leader
- 9:00 VMware Presentation: You can’t do it by yourself: lessons from deploying VMware NSX by Ben Bowman, Senior Technical Account Specialist – NSX at VMware
- Deploying network virtualization and micro-segmentation has a wide-ranging impact throughout an organization. Success requires coordinating multiple teams, managing work streams and developing organizational awareness. These fundamentals are they key to approaching large-scale NSX deployments. In this session we will cover the roll-out of NSX into an enterprise environment, and how to create a segmented data center with care. We start with the lessons learned from “doing things the way we always do,” moving to re-establishing requirements and project goals with a broader perspective, and then examining the benefits gained from a wide audience and a diverse group of stakeholders. Finally, we will explore what happens after the wider audience has been brought into the project. Integrating production applications requires understanding of multiple disciplines and is best understood in a live lab deployment instead of ‘on paper’. A live lab deployment allows us to fully grasp what an application can look like when deployed into a micro-segmented network. Getting hands-on with the technology can also reveal capabilities and consequences that should be considered and analyzed before deploying into production.
- 9:50 Setting Up NSX… in VMware Workstation by Brian Kirsch, Networking Program Chair / IT Instructor at Milwaukee Area Technical College
- In this session you will learn how to get VMware’s premier NSX product up and running inside of VMware Workstation. By using the products now included in VMUG Advantage this session will help you overcome the pitfalls of getting your very own NSX installation up and running in a nested environment.
- 10:40 Break
- 10:55 Juniper Networks Software Defined Networking by Jeff Zapchenk, Account Manager and Paavan Parikh, Systems Engineer at Juniper Networks
- OpenContrail and Contrail provides Software Defined Network supporting VMware environments as the overlay network, while providing increased visibility and diagnostics between the underlay network
- 11:45 Lunch provided by our meeting sponsors Reduxio and Paragon Micro with Juniper Networks
- 12:15 Community Presentation: Build Your Own Cloud SDDC by Britton Johnson, Owner and Consultant at Gigabrit
- How to build, deploy and manage a DiY SDDC on someone else’s hardware. VMworld brought the announcement of VMware on AWS. However if you’re a small IT Shop a few months of this new service could eat your entire budget. I will show how you can have a Cloud hosted Data center and not break the bank. Could be used for DR, Test and Dev or full Production.
- 1:05 TBA by XXX, YYY at Reduxio
- 1:55 Ask the Experts: Roundtable Q&A
- 2:35 Wrap-up: Announcements and Drawings
After the meeting join us at the nearby Point Burger Bar for a vBeers sponsored by Capital Data. Details here
Be sure to share this meeting information with your colleagues, and join the Wisconsin VMUG Community!