Join us for our Wisconsin VMUG Virtual meeting taking place on Tuesday August 11th , 2020!
This is an excellent opportunity to meet with your peers to discuss virtualization trends, best practices, and the latest technology!
- 3:00 pm Welcome: by Nathan Scheunemann, WI-VMUG Co-Leader (@chickendilla)
- 3:10 VMware Presentation: Top 10 Tips for VMware vSAN Operations and Management by Miguel Medina, Senior Solutions Engineer at VMware (@DudeHci)
The majority of vSAN deployments are used to run business critical applications. It is imperative that a proper operations cadence is put into place and best practices are followed to help ensure the highest levels of availability and performance. This session provides guidance for handling operations and management tasks such as monitoring health and performance, adding capacity, cluster maintenance, managing storage policies, and implementing data protection solutions. It is assumed that attendees are already familiar with vSAN.
- 3:50 Break
- 3:55 Presentation: Automation using RestAPIs – from simple scripting to using automation tools Ansible and vRealize Automation by Brandon Hartman Associate Pre-Sales Client Solutions Architect at Ahead and Gerry Thome Senior Client Solutions Architect at Ahead (@GerryThome)
As IT solutions architects we are regularly asked how IT organizations become more cloud-like. Cloud-like environments are many things, automation is one key feature of cloud-like environments. This presentation showing how the less experienced can call RestAPIs from scripts to begin to learn to automate, and move onto how to use automation and orchestration tools such as Ansible and vRealize Automation to begin building useful automation workflows
- 4:35 Ask the Experts: Roundtable Q&A\
- 4:50 Wrap-up & Announcements
- 5:00 Virtual Happy Hour Conversation