Join us for our Wisconsin VMUG Virtual meeting taking place on Tuesday Sept 1, 2020!
This is an excellent opportunity to meet with your peers to discuss virtualization trends, best practices, and the latest technology!
- 3:00 pm Welcome: by Mike Nelson, WI-VMUG Co-Leader (@mikenelsonIO)
- 3:10 VMware Presentation: Introduction to VMware Cloud Foundation by Heath Johnson, Sr. Technical Marketing Manager at VMware (@heathbarj)
Welcome to VMware Cloud Foundation, a next-generation private cloud infrastructure platform that enables customers to succeed in their data center modernization and hybrid cloud journey. You will hear firsthand about this solution, and view product demonstrations of its latest features and capabilities.
- 3:50 Break
- 3:55 Presentation: Managing your vSphere environment with DSC, Finally by Kyle Ruddy Senior Technical Product Marketing Manager at Hashicorp (@kmruddy)
Configuration management is one of those key DevOps principles. Being able to declare a state and do it all in code, where we can take advantage of those developer processes we know and love like source control, unit testing, etc. This ability is not something that’s new to PowerShell though, DSC has been around since Windows Server 2012 R2. However, this ability is something new to VMware environments. This session is going to take a look at the brand new DSC resources available for vCenter servers and ESXi hosts. We’ll take a walk through the nuances on how to get started using them, then applying some configuration settings. Finally, because these resources are open source, we will end by making a contribution back to the repository!
- 4:35 Ask the Experts: Roundtable Q&A
- 4:50 Wrap-up & Announcements
- 5:00 Virtual Happy Hour Conversation