This is a great opportunity to meet with your peers to discuss virtualization trends, best practices and the latest technology.
- 8:30 Registration: Refreshments provided by our meeting sponsors Altor Networks and Unidesk.
- 9:00 Welcome
- 9:05 Altor Networks presents Identifying and addressing security risks and challenges in the virtual environment by Paul Vettoretti (BSEE, CCSA) – Regional Manager
- With virtualization growing in the industry, customers are trying to understand how they can virtualize servers for the first time or virtualize additional servers. Challenges and concerns include security, compliance, inter-group coordination, performance and more. Altor Networks developed a purpose built virtual firewall to address these challenges for companies, educators and government agencies (Ericsson, Revlon, Syracuse Univ, US Army, US Fed Reserve, etc.). Join Paul for a discussion of virtualization security issues and a product demo.
- 10:00 WI-VMUG Member Presentation presents The Trails and Tribulations of Migrating to vSphere 4 from an IT Guy’s Perspective by Mike Nelson, Sr. Analyst II SME – Virtualization at Kimberly-Clark.
- Migrating a small ESX 3.x server deployment to vSphere 4 might seem like a daunting task to some, but try migrating a global environment of 130 hosts with over 2,000 guests and it will give you a whole new perspective on things. In this short presentation, I’ll give some of the things to plan for, obstacles encountered, and the successes and failures that came about in my situation.
- 10:30 Break
- 10:50 Unidesk presents Implementing VDI and VMware View: Strategies for Success by Ron Oglesby, Unidesk Chief Solution Architect
- Ron will review the personalization, management, and storage challenges IT organizations face when implementing VDI based on his experiences as virtualization practice lead for Dell and Glasshouse. He will then share how customers are using the just-released Unidesk management platform to drive broader end user acceptance of VMware View while reducing storage footprint and image management complexity.
- 11:45 Wrap-up: Q&A, announcements, drawings
- 12:15 Lunch: Our lunch is provided to courtesy of our meeting sponsors Altor Networks and Unidesk. This is a great opportunity for further networking with your fellow VMware users as well as today’s presenters.
The meeting will be held at the Promega/BTC facility.