Join your fellow VMware enthusiasts for a Wisconsin VMware User Group (WI-VMUG) meeting being held in Madison on Tuesday, March 8th.
This meeting is being co-sponsored by
- 8:30 Registration: Refreshments provided by our meeting sponsors Lakeside Software and VKernel.
- 9:00 Welcome
- 9:05 VKernel presents Virtualizing Tier 1 Applications – Performance & Capacity Implications by Alex Bakman, CTO
- Many enterprises have already completed the first phase of server virtualization, and the “easy” stuff such as print servers and other IT loads are sitting comfortably on virtual infrastructures. Now that the so-called low hanging fruit is gone, it is time to place emphasis on the tougher applications that still lay ahead. For this, proper capacity management of a virtualized environment is essential, and much more attention must be paid to ensure Hyper-V and VMware performance.
- Join this session to explore how this new generation of virtualization practice is changing every system administrator’s job scope
- 10:00 VMware Team presents vShield Product Update by Ed Kellison, VMware Security SME
- 10:40 Break
- 11:00 Lakeside Software presents You Want VDI Success? It’s All About Planning and the Data by Michael Keen, Technology Strategist, Lakeside Software
- As VDI projects are undertaken, many administrators begin the task without a planning exercise. Unfortunately, many do not create comprehensive plans or adequately analyze their current environment or their targeted environment, and are therefore exposed to risk of failure. If you want to be successful in a Proof-of-Concept or longer term with your VDI initiatives you need deep analytics about your environment from the end user perspective all the way back to the storage layer. This discussion will show you what we mean.
- 11:55 Wrap-up: Q&A, announcements, drawings
- 12:15 Lunch: Our lunch is provided to courtesy of our meeting sponsors VKernel and Lakeside Software. This is a great opportunity for further networking with your fellow VMware users as well as today’s presenters.
The meeting will be held at the Promega/BTC facility.