The next WI-VMUG meeting is being held on 1/12/10 at Promega/BTC in Madison.
This is the meeting that was originally scheduled for 12/9/09 until Mother Nature intervened.
The meeting sponsors are Compellent and Hyper9.
- 8:30 Registration: Refreshments provided by our meeting sponsor Hyper9
- 9:00 Welcome
- 9:05 Hyper9 presents Take Back Time: Virtualization Best Practices – Reporting by Zahid Ghauri; Director, Systems Engineering
- Discussing virtualization best practices and technology around storage, VM sprawl, and management level reporting using VMware vSphere and Hyper9. Learn about the practical ins and outs of virtualization reporting and best practices that address the challenges related to storage (how to squeeze the most disk space out of your environment as possible), VM sprawl (how many VMs do you actually have and which VMs are you actually using?), and management reporting (who owns that and how much does it cost?)
- 9:50 VMware presents VMware View 4.0 by Rob Millette; VMware SE
- Discussion of what’s new in VMware View 4.0.
- 10:30 Break
- 10:50 Compellent presents Compellent Storage Center: Optimizing your Virtual Server Environment with Virtualized Storage by Preston Peterson; Compellent SE
- Learn how Compellent’s innovative storage virtualization technology integrates with VMware to create an efficient virtualized data center. Using Compellent and VMware in unison enables customers to improve utilization and lower overall costs with flexible server connectivity, fully automated boot from SAN, thin provisioning and cost-effective SRM Implementation.
- 11:45 Wrap-up: Q&A, announcements, drawings.
- 12:15 Lunch: Our meeting sponsor Compellent provides us with lunch. This is a great opportunity for further networking with your fellow VMware users as well as today’s presenters.
Meeting Registration: Click here to register
Note: there is no need to register again if you have already registered for the 12/9/09 meeting.