Join your fellow VMware enthusiasts for a Wisconsin VMware User Group (WI-VMUG) meeting being held in Kimberly on Tuesday, June 7th.
This meeting is being co-sponsored by
- 8:30 Registration: Refreshments provided by our meeting sponsors Virtual Instruments and Liquidware Labs.
- 9:00 Welcome
- 9:05 Virtual Instruments presents “Best Practices for Optimizing I/O Performance When You Virtualize Tier 1 Applications” by Mike Salins, Sr. Solutions Consultant
- Industry research shows that only about 35% of a typical company’s internal applications are virtualized. How can your organization get 70% or more of its applications – including the business critical ones – virtualized? How can you ensure performance and availability SLAs in a virtualized infrastructure when running applications such as your Oracle, SAP, DB2 and Exchange? During this session Virtual Instruments will highlight virtualization deployment best practices for performance sensitive, I/O-intensive applications, while improving utilization of server and storage assets.
- 10:00 VMware Team presents “Project Horizon: VMware’s Next Generation End User Computing” by Vitaly Tsipris, VMware SE
- The mobile and cloud era dictates anywhere, any device access to applications within and outside the firewall, and introduces fundamental new challenges to the traditional enterprise security and management model. VMware Project Horizon addresses these challenges by re-inventing end-user identity and application management as a cloud service, and providing an easier way for IT and users to embrace a new way to work.
- 10:40 Break
- 11:00 Liquidware Labs
- VDI Assessment and User Experience Management for next generation physical and virtual desktops.
- 11:55 Wrap-up: Q&A, announcements, drawings
- 12:15 Lunch: Our lunch is provided to courtesy of our meeting sponsors Liquidware Labs and Virtual Instruments. This is a great opportunity for further networking with your fellow VMware users as well as today’s presenters.
The meeting will be held at Liberty Hall Banquet & Conference Center.
800 Eisenhower Dr
Kimberly, WI 54136
Registration is now open
Please note: You will need to log into the VMUG web site to register for this meeting.
If you have not already obtained your VMUG login credentials, please visit
the Username and/or Password Help page to request your username and password.
2 thoughts on “June 7th, 2011 WI-VMUG meeting – Kimberly”